Showing 1 – 3 of 3 replies
sstringer

I'm having some pretty severe […]

sstringer PURCHASED
9 years ago
I'm having some pretty severe performance issues with this template on iOS. Scaling of the initial top slider isn't working on iPhones, and the image background isn't showing up at all on the quote-wrap sections on any iOS device. Desktops and Android's Chrome seem to be fine, but not iOS. You can see it here:

http://stringersites.com

Any ideas on how to fix these problems? Anyone else experiencing these problems?

Thanks,
Steve
fifothemes
fifothemes SELLER
9 years ago
Hi,
You can stop using parallax effect on quote-wrap section for iOS devices to make the background work.

As far as i can say you can target iOS devices and optimize the whole site for it.

Regards
FIFO THEMES
sstringer
sstringer PURCHASED
9 years ago
Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, turning off parallax did not bring back the background image on the quote-wrap divs on iOS. It's still just the blank grid.

Also note that this affects not only the quote-wrap div, but also the testimonial, subscription, and fun divs as well.

I did discover a workaround. The problem, it turns out, is the "fixed" background-attachment attribute on the quote wrap. iOS doesn't seem to like this at all for some reason. By sniffing iOS and adding a conditional style that slams this to "background-attachment: scroll !important;" the background image shows up.
martziano
martziano PURCHASED
9 years ago
sstringer could you please share this part of the code you came up with? It will be greatly apreciatted.