Showing 1 – 1 of 1 replies
olegna001

I'm thinking about using this template […]

olegna001
9 years ago
Hi StartBootstrap,

I'm thinking about using this template, but also have a couple of other options.

My main concern is how long will this theme be supported?

Do you have many customers using it and do you have regular release cycles?

Are customers notified before a particular browser version is no longer be supported?

Thanks,
Olegna
BlackrockDigital
9 years ago
Hi there Olegna,

Sorry about the late response, it doesn't look like WrapBootstrap sends us authors push notifications if a comment appears on one of our themes.

Regarding your questions, the theme will be supported as long as Bootstrap is a popular framework. I plan to release an update soon to update to Bootstrap 3.3.0, update the various jQuery plugins included with the theme, and includes LESS files for easier customization.

I am not in routine contact with any current clients that I have using the template. Regarding release cycles, I will do a new release if the Bootstrap updates their framework, if a major update is needed for one of the included jQuery plugins, or if a browser update causes a bug that needs to be fixed.

At the moment, there aren't any plans to drop support for any browsers below IE8. The only scenario where a browser would no longer be supported is if Bootstrap dropped support for a browser. For example, when they released Bootstrap 3 they dropped support for IE7.

Hopefully this answers your questions!

If anyone else has questions, the best way to get in contact with me is through sending me a message on my profile page here: https://wrapbootstrap.com/user/StartBootstrap. Thanks!