Showing 1 – 15 of 47 replies
arcanisgk

You need to go for BS5

arcanisgk PURCHASED
2 years ago
Here all your clients are migrating to BS5 and all the plugins go to BS5 they have simply left the project or co-located it as obsolete and have released the code...

If you plan not to sell this template anymore or you plan to abandon it we would appreciate you releasing the code for the community to move forward.

we appreciate it.
WebAppLayers
WebAppLayers SELLER
2 years ago
Hi,

I don't plan to move to BS5 right now, and I talked about reasons many time. I will not release right now project for free because I feel like it is not fair to all clients that bought. At the same time I don't block you or other clients from moving to Bootstrap 5. You have full permission to upgrade it. I can send you the full project and if you need to go to BS5 you can do it, and upgrade plugins you need or only the core code.

In short, if you need upgrade project to BS5, you have full permission to do this.

Best regards, Damian
arcanisgk
arcanisgk PURCHASED
2 years ago
ok, I keep waiting for the package.
chentedm
chentedm PURCHASED
2 years ago
Hi,

** You have full permission to upgrade it. I can send you the full project and if you need to go to BS5 you can do it, and upgrade plugins you need or only the core code.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
In short, if you need upgrade project to BS5, you have full permission to do this. **

I am interested in migrating to BS 5.1.3.

What do I need to make this a reality?

************************************************************************************************************************************************

** I talked about reasons many time **
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Do you have any post about the reasons why not to migrate?
What additional price would the template have with this migration?
WebAppLayers
WebAppLayers SELLER
1 year ago
Hi,

I will suggest to start with Seed Project. It is a core Inspinia project in the package. Upgrade Bootstrap files and then step by step change and adjust Inspinia css style and html code according to new Bootstrap. If you open file in browser at this moment you will probably not see some major issues, it will need small adjustment to look ok.

Once you have solid Seed project I will suggest to go to the full one. Same steps: adjust html and css code according to new Bootstrap. Here you will encounter some issues with third party libraries, some work and some not with the new BS5. It all depends on what exact library you want to have in your project.

If you will have any questions in the process, feel free to write to me on support email and I will try to help.

Best regards, Damian
safase
safase
1 year ago
very arrogant attitude. What a pity.
WebAppLayers
WebAppLayers SELLER
1 year ago
Hi,

Thanks for comment but arrogant ? I just offered help with migration if @chentedm will do it and have any issues.

Best, Damian
fabolous
fabolous PURCHASED
1 year ago
Hi, i think those who ask you to upgrade to BS5 don't have much experience with big projects and i think they are using maybe max 10% of your template.

They have no idea how much pain and time would take you to upgrade all third party libraries to work correctly and also as you said some work with with bs5 and some not.

Some developers just chasing the newest version of everything....
arcanisgk
arcanisgk PURCHASED
1 year ago
@chentedm i have the downloaded files provide by purchased; but i dont know where to start. I'm thinking of uploading it to github in a private environment for those who can verify that they have the license to purchase the product. and try to upgrade this template in a version unattended by its initial author since he here has authorized me to migrate it to BS5.
nabeeljavaid
nabeeljavaid
1 year ago
Hi WebAppLayers,

When will you launch new version with BS5 support? we are looking for upgrade

Thanks
madrianr
madrianr PURCHASED
1 year ago
we are also looking for an upgrade
WebAppLayers
WebAppLayers SELLER
1 year ago
Hi,

I will probably prepare seed project with BS5 so it should be easier to migrate.

Best regards, Damian
MC-Rails
MC-Rails PURCHASED
1 year ago
thats great news! Your attention to this is much appreciated
jeeshenlee
jeeshenlee PURCHASED
1 year ago
Thanks! Looking forward to use Inspinia Theme on BS5.
blairjo
blairjo PURCHASED
1 year ago
Hi Damian,

I think this would be a great idea, and would stop people asking you to upgrade constantly :)

I suspect many people (like ourselves) use Inspinia for the main theming / layouts etc and only use a few of the third party components that may break on Bootstrap 5. We use Inspinia because of your css expertise in creating the theme - it's fairly easy to upgrade or find alternative third party components. If there was a seed project that worked on Bootstrap 5, I think that would satisfy many people's requirements, even if it came with a caveat that not all third party components will work.

I would really appreciate it if you could make that available.

Thanks

John
WebAppLayers
WebAppLayers SELLER
1 year ago
Hi,

Yes, I will prepare seed project for BS5 in next week. Please nudge me if I don't.

Best regards, Damian
Showing 1 – 15 of 47