Showing 1 – 1 of 1 replies
candoa

I have a couple of suggestions. 1. 1@2x […]

candoa PURCHASED
7 years ago
I have a couple of suggestions.

1. 1@2x background image is too hard to find. I had to remove the image from my assets so i can see the console error, so i can find it.

2. Why would the retina-1.1.0.min.js hold that image its the min version not readable for human eye why not put it in the regular one and leave some sort of comments so people know.

3. Create a way to make it easy for designer to debug that background image it is rooted inside a complex javascript code. I think it can be done easier its only a one page static website.

4. Why don't you guys use font awesome icons the library it more extensive and the website is easier to use.

The template is great I love it. I just think debugging and the freedom to customized can be done easier.
azmind
azmind SELLER
7 years ago
Hi candoa,

Thanks for buying the template and for taking the time to let me know your suggestions!

Here are a few answers:

1. The 1@2x background image is used together with the normal version "1.jpg". It is picked by "retina-1.1.0.min.js" and used when the site is viewed on Retina devices. You create the two background versions and put them in the folder "assets/img/backgrounds", you set the normal background in "scripts.js" and all the rest is automatic. I've explained how to change the backgrounds in the documentation file.

2. The min version of "retina-1.1.0.js" is used to increase the page load speed. You can find the normal version in the folder "assets/js". Also you should know that these libraries are not created by me, you can find the official websites of all libraries and third party resources used in the template, in the "Attributions.txt" file which comes with the template.

3. I've explained in the documentation file how to change the backgrounds.

4. Font Awesome icons are used in some layouts of the template.

I'm glad you like the template :)