Showing 1 – 6 of 6 replies
vfadmin

Updating icon libraries

vfadmin PURCHASED
5 months ago
So MDI is getting pretty out of date and I wanted to pull the latest version.

But does that require more than just dumping the .eot, .ttf, and .woff files into the directory? It seems like the icons are mapped in a css as well... is there any documentation on this?
Coderthemes
Coderthemes SELLER
5 months ago
Hi,

Sorry, unfortunately. There is no documentation about icons in our admin. You should follow their documentation from the icon library.

Let me know, if you have any questions.

Best,
Coderthemes
vfadmin
vfadmin PURCHASED
5 months ago
You didn't write the `icons.css` file?

As I understand it, I would need to:

1. Download the latest library (MDI, Remix, etc.)
2. Go into icons.css and add any additional icons that have been added since this admin template was made
3. Use gulp or whatever packaging library was used for the template to minify the icons.css file again

Perhaps I'm missing something but even if you don't do the updating, it would be nice if your README included something about this in the same area you discuss gulp and yarn.

Thanks for the nice template

EDIT: I now see that there's a _materialdesignicons.scss in the assets folder that is built out as part of a yarn task. If you got these scss files from somewhere a link would be very helpful. If you made them yourselves, well...you're very patient and I understand why you don't want to keep up with the latest version.

Last edited 5 months ago

Coderthemes
Coderthemes SELLER
5 months ago
Hi,

Currently, we prefer CDN for the external icons library (which has large font files). Could you add mdi cdn in icons.css (with @import statement)

CDN: https://cdnjs.com/libraries/MaterialDesign-Webfont

Best,
Coderthemes
vfadmin
vfadmin PURCHASED
5 months ago
Ill continue this tomorrow but for anyone else finding this:

MDI is maintained by Templarian on GitHub. If you take this file (https://github.com/Templarian/MaterialDesign-Webfont/blob/v7.3.67/css/materialdesignicons.min.css) it is basically what's in the /assets folder of this template as _materialdesignicons.scss.

So I think you can paste that, re-run the yarn tasks to minify, and then have an updated version of the icon library.
vfadmin
vfadmin PURCHASED
5 months ago
Yes, I think your solution makes sense for folks whose apps are hosted where users can access external resources. Sometimes enterprises lock that down and so everything needs to be self-hosted. But I think my earlier posts may get people on the right track for updating their icon library
Coderthemes
Coderthemes SELLER
5 months ago
Hi,

Yes, we will update it to the latest.

Thanks for the suggestion