Showing 1 – 1 of 1 replies
liqdfire

Bug in sidebar toggle page width logic […]

liqdfire PURCHASED
6 years ago
Bug in sidebar toggle / page width logic.

Steps:
1) Start browser larger than 1170 pixels, which in the custom.cs would give me a fully expanded sidebar
2) Toggle sidebar to mini
3) resize browser below 1170 pixel threshold

Results:
You get inconsistent display of the sidebar, it will even fully expand while the toggle icon shows it is minimized.

This is happening because you have two different mechanisms controlling the sidebar functionality. One mechanism if using the toggle logic, the other is using the width of the page. The two mechanisms do not know the state of each other. It would be better if the resizing triggered a toggling of the sidebar only if it was maximized. You might also track the source of the minimize request so that when the page is expanding you only re-expand the side bar if it was minimized due to a page resize and not a user click.
WrapPixel
WrapPixel SELLER
6 years ago
Hello, First i am not 100% sure on what exactly you are pointing here, but if you are saying, i as user click on toggle to have mini sidebar and if i resize the screen, it agains got back to full sidebar? is it so? if thats the case, its not a bug, all users, expect we developers (which wont be users to your application) would be checking the template in any resolution, they dont keep re-sizing the browser to check how it works, they will open in any fixed resolution and work on it. So in that case everything works fine. So if you are pointing any other thing, please better email us at info@wrappixel.com with screenshot, so we can get exact idea and can resolve it. Thanks