Showing 1 – 6 of 6 replies
Homas

I've been trying to figer out a way to […]

Homas PURCHASED
6 years ago
Hey,
i've been trying to figer out a way to add more options to my contact form.
so far i have gotten:
HTML
<label>Street</label>
<input type="text" class="form-control" placeholder="Strase" id="street" required data-validation-required-message="Please enter your strase.">
<p class="help-block text-danger"></p>

JS
... var street = $("input#street").val(); ...
... street: street, ...

PHP
$street = strip_tags(htmlspecialchars($_POST['street']));

but i just can't get it to work. am I missing something?
thank you for your previous feedback and please help me with this one aswell :)
BlackrockDigital
6 years ago
There are the sections in the PHP file that you will need to add to that will actually put the content into the mail that is sent. Check out the PHP file towards the bottom and look for the email being generated and add the street information accordingly. Hopefully this helps!
Homas
Homas PURCHASED
6 years ago
well the problem is that the street variable isn't even in the php form since the if(empty($_POST['street']) ) says that there are no arguments provided, so the variable never gets to .php file.
Homas
Homas PURCHASED
6 years ago
i just now got it to work. seems like i just had i typo somewhere. thank you for your fast respsonse !
BlackrockDigital
6 years ago
Excellent, I'm glad you got it fixed up!
Homas
Homas PURCHASED
6 years ago
Hey, thank you for your kind words :)
I am sorry to annoy you with my noob questions, but do you know why in the contact email letters like 'ä' 'ö' 'ü' (stupid german special letters) are converted to some other wierd signs.
In mysql there is a special option for text formating (utf8_german2_ci) to make theese letters work,
thanks for your help at least my page is live now and the form is working :)
BlackrockDigital
6 years ago
Unfortunately I am not sure on that one!